Friday, July 27, 2007

Sleep Disorders and Relaxation Techniques

Sleep Disorders; this is a informative article using relaxation techniques.
This article is from the Sleep Disorders Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Relaxation techniques often can help people with sleep problems get a good night’s sleep. Several relaxation techniques are listed below; click on any of the links to learn more.
Progressive Relaxation
Toe Tensing
Deep Breathing
Guided Imagery
Quiet Ears
http://www.umm.edu/sleep/relax_tech.html

6 comments:

Mary Lou said...

So many people complain about sleeping disorders especially women experiencing symptoms of menopause. These helpful hints should assist them with obtaining a good nights sleep.

Tahia said...

I am a "Night Owl" since birth and my husband is the opposite. I may use some of these techniques to go to sleep when he wants me to and not when I am use to. It is worth a try. Thanks

Eileen said...

awesome info--I'll try the quiet ears tomorrow night as sunday nights is my most difficult night-thinking about the next day.TY

Chris said...

I get about one good night sleep all week. Anything to help me get through the week will be a help! I agree with Eileen, sunday nigiht is usually the worst! I'll give them all a try! Thanks.

The Girl Next Door said...

I really need to learn how to relax. I have always had a problem with that. Now I find me self rundown and with a rahter serious bacterial infection. If I had just listened to you maybe I would be in a better place.

Catherine said...

I must admit, I have such a busy schedule most of the time, sleep is such a wonderful time for me.
Good work JoAnn,
Catherine